Monday, February 07, 2005

Can I Just Dry That Parsley Out and Smoke It?

Just got home from work and it's snack time! I've been eating all day, a little here, a little there. Actually quite a bit and I've realized that I eat a lot more now that I don't smoke. It's at 38 days and so what I eat more. I can also taste and smell what I'm eating better so, so what.

That's part of the reason why I made some pretty healthy stuff yesterday because I'm starting to eat noticeably more and I think I might actually be gaining some weight. Whatever. I've also been working out more so who knows, maybe it's some muscle or something. I don't think I look all that much fatter and we're all our own worst critics, right? Bottom line, I don't care, but I'm keeping it in mind. Cutting down on the meat fat and cheese (again), basically.

Well, I've got quite a bit of leftover things from what I made up yesterday and I've been chewing on bits and pieces of them all day and could use something new. I haven't used everything I bought yesterday and I can put together something really tasty as a snack to go with my just-got-home cocktail—which today just happens to be a Vodka Martini.

Snack
Herb Non-fat Yogurt Dip with Baked Pita Chips and White Grapes

Dip:
2 hand-fulls chopped Basil
2 hand-fulls chopped Parsley
4 cloves chopped Garlic
Fresh Ground Pepper (also known as FGP)
.5 qt. Nonfat Yogurt
Romano, grated
and
2 Martini

Baked Pita Chips:
Some Pitas, cut into chips
Olive Oil
Salt

Oven on broil, put Salted, Olive Oil-ed Pita chips on a pan and brown them both sides. They should be sufficiently dry and be crispy.

Combine Parsley, Basil, Garlic, some Romano, a generous amount of Black pepper and the Yogurt. Fold over a number of times to get it well mixed and to get the Parsley and Basil to wilt a little.

Serve with the chips and throw put some Grapes close by because they really mellow the strong Garlic. They're also just plain good.

Hell. I just made half of that and had it for dinner, I think. I'm really pretty full...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home